Groom Room Terms & Conditions
We are delighted to welcome your pet into our facility. Please see our terms and conditions below.
- Our price guide is put into place with the assumption that your pet’s coat is in average condition. Pets with heavy matting, double coats or heavily soiled coats may incur an additional charge.
- Upon meeting your dog, your groomer will carry out an inspection and you will be advised of any additional treatment or charge which will be incurred. The owner must be present at the start and end of treatment.
- All coat clipping / shaving will be carried out to the breed standard. Should you require any additional or special styling, please advise your groomer of this upon arrival.
- If you dog should become distressed or aggressive during the course of their groom, the Groom Room reserve the right to end the groom early. This measure is in the interest of safety of both our groomers and you dog.
- If you are sending your pet in with a friend or family member, please send written instructions or phone us to confirm your expectation. This eliminates any confusion which can occur when receiving a client’s wishes ‘second hand’.
- Please note that there is a risk of cuts when grooms take place. Sedation and general anaesthetic options also carry risk to the pet which the nurse/groomer will explain to you which are rare circumstances.
- By using our services, you agree to provide us the below information:
- Your Name: This allows us to personalise our interaction with you and distinguish you and your dog from other clients.
- Mobile: So that we can send you SMS appointment reminders and contact you when groom is completed or in case of emergency.
- Email: So that we can send you appointment confirmation/reschedule/cancellation/reminder emails and keep you updated of events such as news, events and offers.
- Pet’s Name: Our groomers like to connect with your dog on a personal level for praise/reassurance/direction
- Pet’s Breed: This helps us allocate a price to the service offered and allows us to allocate appropriate time/breed specific attention
- Medical Issues: Your dog’s safety is paramount and knowing in advance about any underlying medical conditions allows us to make sure your dog is groomed in a safe and controlled manner.
- Allergies: This information allow us to select the appropriate products that will not cause irritation to skin eyes ears etc.
- To cancel or reschedule your appointment, we must be contacted 24 hours prior to the appointment day to allow us to fill the space with another pet.
- If you show up to an appointment more than 15 minutes late, the groomers may need to cancel your appointment with a cancellation fee or they may offer a groom option but with the expectation that they will not have the appropriate time to perfect the groom. We would greatly appreciate all clients attending on time, thank you so much for your cooperation.
- Failure to provide us with 24 hours notice a €25 cancellation fee will be charged
- No shows will also incur a €25 no show charge
- We may have to shave your pet very short, even close to the skin, to remove the matting which is causing your pet discomfort.
- You may not achieve the look and groom you anticipated this appointment – welfare is our main concern. As a Groomer, we cannot be held responsible for not achieving the desired results if the dog is matted.
- Failure to maintain regular brushing and grooming between appointments may result in further matt. Please feel free to ask our groomers for advice on how to best care for your pet’s coat.